Vicissitude: Bipolar Disorder and its ups and downs

This is a diary of present and the past by a man who being Bipolar is just part of his life Each post is in two parts first is everyday diary and second is a kind of continuous diary of my past

Name:

Being Bipolar is just part of my life.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Disaster

The news about the disaster in New Orleans is coming in and makes me real sad. I wanted to express my concern and sympathy for those effected. I don't need to be an American to feel sad for my fellow humans. In situations like this one does not know what to say. Well I know that words are not enough so I will try to do something no matter how small.
At some point in my life I worked for the doctors without border. I have seen how people are affected by disasters. I have been to the refugee camps and seen families or shall I say what was remained of families living in tents. When you talked to them you just feel strange. Not long ago they had been living in the comfort of their own homes and now they have to live in tents and depend on organizational aides. And they are considered the lucky ones. Amongst them were pregnant women and small children. And I have seen how in extreme cold they were given emergency food packages to keep them alive. I pray and have my deepest respect for people who are dedicated to help and do reliefs work. There were reports of thefts of the aides intended for the refugees and I did not know what to make of it.
Those taking part in the lootings can't be called human beings.
My experiences in those years have always remained with me. On the other hand we learn how adoptive humans are and how strong they are. Our abilities are so enormous and in normal situations we only use small part of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

Tragedy brings out the best and worst of us. As individuals, the best we can do is the best we can do, try to make one person's day better. Give money to buy a meal, a cot, or aspirin. One person doesn't have to try and save 10,000, just 1. Cherish each individual as a unique and wonderful creation, and treat them accordingly.

September 01, 2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

Damn those looters! :(

September 01, 2005 2:08 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

The looters of electronics piss me off badly, but I am afraid that if they took a bottle of water or box of crackers it is different. I think they knew that the companies in question were going to collect major insurance funds anyway.

September 02, 2005 10:22 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

I could see your point, JC. Never thought of it that way.

September 03, 2005 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home