Vicissitude: Bipolar Disorder and its ups and downs

This is a diary of present and the past by a man who being Bipolar is just part of his life Each post is in two parts first is everyday diary and second is a kind of continuous diary of my past

Name:

Being Bipolar is just part of my life.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The bright side

Since I was diagnosed as being bipolar and treated I have learnt a great deal.
I have learnt how to say NO.
I have learnt to take things easy.
I have learnt to be less sensitive.
I have learnt to be emotionally independent.
I have learnt to look at the bright side of things.
I have learnt to take things as they are and know people as they are.
I have learnt how short my life is.
I have learnt how to take more care of myself.
I have learnt how to live in present and not in the past or future.
And I have learnt how to love myself and many many other I have learnt things.
My disorder made me think.
Despite the fact that:
I sometimes feel depressed.
I sometimes feel elevated.
And a few other I sometimes.

Like a bird on the wire,
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
Like a worm on a hook,
Like a knight from some old fashioned book
I have saved all my ribbons for thee.
If I, if I have been unkind,
I hope that you can just let it go by.
If I, if I have been untrue
I hope you know it was never to you.

Like a baby, stillborn,
Like a beast with his horn
I have torn everyone who reached out for me.
But I swear by this song
And by all that I have done wrong
I will make it all up to thee.
I saw a beggar leaning on his wooden crutch,
He said to me, "You must not ask for so much."
And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door,
She cried to me, "Hey, why not ask for more?"

Oh like a bird on the wire,
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Leonard Cohen

5 Comments:

Blogger dissok said...

Thanks for writing this post, radin. I guess sometimes we forget to look on the bright side (I know I do anyway). It looks like you have learnt some valuable things through adversity. I hope that I will be able to take a leaf out of your book. Take care.

July 30, 2005 3:33 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Thanks so much for this one. It is such a beautiful post. It is just so neat to be able to see someone else that is dealing with the same challenges and how they fare. What is it with talent going along with Bipolar? You have talent.

July 30, 2005 4:22 PM  
Blogger Diana Crabtree said...

I would like to join the pack and add you to my blogroll :)

Isn't it amazing the wisdom we earn from pain? Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me, I hope you have the joy to balance it out :)

August 01, 2005 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice weblog greetz from holland
www.20six.nl/spion

August 02, 2005 9:32 AM  
Blogger jane said...

Your insight amazes me. I've also added you to my blogroll. :)

August 03, 2005 1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home