Vicissitude: Bipolar Disorder and its ups and downs

This is a diary of present and the past by a man who being Bipolar is just part of his life Each post is in two parts first is everyday diary and second is a kind of continuous diary of my past

Name:

Being Bipolar is just part of my life.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Slept well

It all started well today. I had a good rest last night. Woke up refreshed and prepared our "fast eating" breakfast. My wife was in a good mood, too. And my daughter didn't nag about staying home with her grandmother. She seams to enjoy going shopping with her and attending early morning exercises she takes in our nearby park. She must be the youngest in the group. Most of them are grannies of all shapes and sizes.
Last week was very tiring. My mother funeral and the ceremonies afterwards. A blockage of brain veins. She got sick in the morning and passed away in the evening. It would have been very difficult for her at the age of eighty to survive but being paralyzed for the rest of her remaining life. I have seen this in my friend's mother.

I talked to my eldest brother on the phone and I am going to e-mail him today. He must be about sixty now. He must be leading a difficult life. I sometimes feel sorry for him. A restrictive minded person with rigid, set square attitudes who never welcomes any changes or criticisms of any kind. When you talk to him you feel he has made up his mind about what you are saying in advance and his responses are much pre-judgmental. Communication with him is going to be hard but there are things I have to tell him.
I am glad my doctor cut my previous meds. One of the side effects was that it took away sexual desires. I am feeling myself now. I am not that sexually minded or obsessed about it so much as it may occupy large space of my brain. But still being normal again feels good.
Politics and we are confronted with a very hard decision to make. Between two Bads we are to choose the better. The situation has left us with no choice. We have to participate. Those who follow the world news closely have guessed the whole thing.

Today I do not feel as tired as I did yesterday. But things at work have become a bit complicated. We received samples of some items in our last order which is ready for shipment next week. They did not mach our requirements. It is a very large order but I had to postpone it until we make sure they overcome the problem or else we have to cancel these items which takes time and costs a lot to omit from the order.

Yesterday evening I had to play the part of my daughter's son in her game. She is going to make a very restrictive mother who has her child under close control. That is if she keeps being like she was at our game. I confess I did not act as a much obedient son and did not listen to her and made a mess of everything. At times I acted like she sometimes does but I tell you she makes a better parent than both of us. She kept me under control quite well.

The summers
It was evident that Radin and Hash were not going to make successful businessmen. For one thing they were very impatient in waiting for their investment to roll back. One day they bought all the materials needed to make paper kites and went to Radin's basement for the production. They made six or seven kites in different sizes and took them outside in the street for sale. Some of them were given away to close friends and the rest they kept for themselves. Flying paper kites in those days was very popular. They went on the roof and flew their kites high in the sky. What a feeling. When was lunch time they tied the thread to a pole and went downstairs. And at nights they sent up candle lanterns tied to the string. Summer nights in that city were a festive of its own. The houses were mostly two stories and there were hardly any high rise buildings around. To escape the heat most people slept in their gardens or on the roofs. Mrs. Rash's grandson "Siro" was a sleep walker but still they slept on the roof. She tied a string to his foot and tied the other end to her toe. This way she could wake as soon as he moved. Radin just loved sleeping on the roof. He would set up his bed in advance so it got cool before going to bed. He lied down and looked at the stars and went into deep thoughts. About the past, about the future and about things he loved to do and about the kind of person he wished he were. One night he was thinking about life and death. He imagined how it would be when it was his turn to go. He cried for himself that night. Later when her sister found out about it she talked to him and said "Nobody can escape death. Everyone's turn will come but you have many many years ahead of you. Don't worry yourself too much on that." Later in life Radin came to accept death as part of life but he never could make up his mind whether it was the end of everything or just the beginning of something else. Being an optimistic person he looked at the bright side though the doubt still remained. When he was eight in a book he read about a little fish that wanted to escape his little pond and reach the sea, "It is not important how and when I am going to die. What is important is what difference my life and death makes to this world and the people around me."

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I have an older brother like that but he is older and he is very set in his ways. He will not speak to me. I find it sad, but it is his choice not my own. Oh and by the way, the only election I am aware of on the 23d was in Iran... I truly enjoy your blog.

June 24, 2005 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home