Vicissitude: Bipolar Disorder and its ups and downs

This is a diary of present and the past by a man who being Bipolar is just part of his life Each post is in two parts first is everyday diary and second is a kind of continuous diary of my past

Name:

Being Bipolar is just part of my life.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

BP and Mayonnaise sauce

Mayonnaise main ingredients are, 1- Olive (or fine cooking) Oil, 2- Raw eggs and of course some other additives. You blend them together at high speed in a blender and what you get is the sauce. Some may not like it but it goes well with salad and sandwiches and even sometimes when you feel like it you can have it on its own. Tastes good. Now imagine you were to have the ingredients one at the time, drinking cooking oil and then toss up few raw eggs, yuck. Yes that is it you got it. In a chemically balanced (hard to find these days) brain both are present but blended in a sauce. In BP though they are separated to what they were.
Conclusion: the depression and elevation exit in both chemically balanced and unbalanced brains. BPs only need to blend it again instead of having them separately with the help of the meds. Go to the nearest Fan Fair with your family and find the spiniest machine there. Going round and round in high speed will help them blend.
I tried this last week and am going to the Fair today with my daughter. When I got off the machine I was so imbalanced and walked zigzags but inside it was all blended. Doctors and researchers should look for drugs that can actually bond the chemicals responsible for depression and elevation.
Now the other thing is the title they have given to so many kinds of chemical imbalances. They call all of them Bipolar Disorder. But they can not come under one title. They are so different in people and treated with so many drugs. At least we can find a name for it that clearly explains what happens. If you have any suggestion please tell me. Some only experience depression and are yet called Bipolar. They know some drugs help in different cases with a little try and error to find the right ones but do not know how they help and why. So we have to either choose our own name for the disorder we have and call it that or find a single name that defines it all.
Some suggestions.
Chemical Imbalance Syndrome (CIS)
Mayonnaise Sauce Syndrome (MSS)
Blending Needed Disorder (BND)
Depression but no Mania but still Bipolar Disorder (DMBPD)
I can not diagnose exactly but it is B P Any Way (BPAW)
Also see my previous post for a diagram.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

You are right, there are just so many flavors of this illness. My mother is almost always at least hypomanic as is my neice. My sister and I tend to be mostly depressed. I am not talking, moping around not feeling like doing anything depressed, I am talking catatonic, sleeping twenty hours a day, can't move, cant talk, cant think, psychotic depressed. I am not sure what flavor you are, but if you have a bit of hypomanic, please send some my way.

August 18, 2005 6:17 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Just want to say "Hello, there" this is my first time to visit...I will be back :O)

August 19, 2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your blog is fascinating... I really enjoy it.

Take Care,
Colleen :)

August 19, 2005 11:05 AM  
Blogger jane said...

omgosh i'm stumped! my vote is either for MSS, BND and i kinda like the sound of BPAW. makes me feel like a welterweight boxer! you know, i've always LOVED the spinning rides. as a teen, i always had the carny spin those tumbler cages over & over before the ride even started. i wonder if i was blending my brain? brain blenders? hmmm
you're way too cool radin!

August 20, 2005 12:13 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Interesting theory, Radin. I like the way you think.

Love the diagram from the previous post, by the way.

Polar

August 21, 2005 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home