Vicissitude: Bipolar Disorder and its ups and downs

This is a diary of present and the past by a man who being Bipolar is just part of his life Each post is in two parts first is everyday diary and second is a kind of continuous diary of my past

Name:

Being Bipolar is just part of my life.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Living my own life

Friday early morning I went to near by mountains for a walk and had a big breakfast out. I was down by 8 am. And the night before that I went to cinema on my own. I intend to do that every month. I also want to start doing some painting beside writing poems. Schedules like that make me feel better. Perhaps I was born to be in the army because I love doing routine things at certain time. Of course not to make my life boring but just a bit of predictable list of things to do. I realize that I should look into things I like doing and have my own way of life. I have always been on the look out for what others think of me and missed leading a life of my own. Being worried what my family want of me and my friends and my boss. Well now I want to know what I want from me. I'd better follow my interests. I also need a few new friends in my life. It is hard to find in my age though but I'll give it a try. Today I am taking the car for repairs. Hope it doesn't cost much. It has been making noises on turns.
Don't care much about details of life these days I mean the past or future. It was my doctor advice not to go into details of psychological theories either but I just am so curious about these matters that I can't help it. I just live my life. That's the best I can do. And do not care about the moods. They come and go as they please.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rootietoot said...

hear hear for routine. When you're feeling so lousy you can't think of what to do, you can always fall back on routine. "oh..it's monday.i'm supposed to do laundry today." Simple routine has kept me sane many times when no amount of medication or whining could.

August 28, 2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger dissok said...

"Well now I want to know what I want from me."

That sounds like a wonderful idea, Radin ... a great way to look at things.

Best of luck with that car of yours. Hope the repairs were economical for you.

August 28, 2005 6:31 PM  
Blogger jane said...

How interesting that while you realize you have mood swings, you don't let them control your life. Right now, I don't know if thats even possible for me, I don't think it is.
I think it's great that you're listening to yourself & finding out what you want from you. That sounds very exciting, Radin. I've only recently discovered my love for swimming. I think if it were possible, I'd live in the water. You seem very in touch with yourself for having a very busy life.
You're an extremely special person & I'm glad our paths have crossed.

August 29, 2005 2:40 AM  
Blogger Danny said...

Hang in there, Radin. Routine is definitely a big help, to be sure. I'm glad that what I have said is helpful to you. What you have said to me also has been very helpful. :)

August 29, 2005 8:46 PM  
Blogger Radin said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. they have been very helful and I appreciate. I always look forward to them. It is nice knowing you all.

August 29, 2005 10:43 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

They are finding that what they call social rythm therapy is great for Bipolar disorder. It is all about having and keeping routines. Doing the same things at the same times each day. I think that is because it doesn't take much to throw our sensitive systems totally out of whack. I am glad to hear about the painting also. Creative activities are a great wellness practice also. Good on you!

August 31, 2005 1:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Radin. I decided to stop by and see how things were going for you. I hope that you are still floating along. I also saw that you had been added over at Psych Central. I gave you a big 10! You are the only other blogger over there, that I "know". So, I had to vote for you :) Take care of you!

August 31, 2005 9:22 PM  
Blogger Radin said...

Dear Falling
You were visiting my blog at exactly the same time I was visiting yours. After I left you my comment I checked and your comment was there. Thank you for the visit. Please post more often if you have time.

August 31, 2005 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home