Vicissitude: Bipolar Disorder and its ups and downs

This is a diary of present and the past by a man who being Bipolar is just part of his life Each post is in two parts first is everyday diary and second is a kind of continuous diary of my past

Name:

Being Bipolar is just part of my life.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Last week was my birthday

Last week was my birthday and I didn't feel very well waking up that morning. I went downstairs for breakfast hoping my wife would be pleasant and say, "Happy birthday!", and possibly have a present for me.As it turned out, she barely said good morning, let alone "Happy birthday."I thought... Well, that's marriage for you, but the kids will remember. My kids came into breakfast and didn't say a word.So when I left for the office, I was feeling pretty low and somewhat despondent.As I walked into my office, my secretary Jane said, "Good morning Boss, Happy Birthday!" it felt a little better that at least someone had remembered.I worked until one o'clock and then Jane knocked on my door and said, "You know, it's such a beautiful day outside, and it's your birthday, let's go out to lunch, just you and me."I said, "Thanks Jane, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day. Let's go!"We went to lunch. But we didn't go where we normally would go. We dined instead at a little place with a private table.We had two martinis each and I enjoyed the meal tremendously.On the way back to the office, Jane said, "you know, it's such a beautiful day... We don't need to go back to the office, do we?"I responded, "I guess not. What do you have in mind?"She said, "Let's go to my apartment."After arriving at her apartment Jane turned to me and said, "Boss, if you don't mind, I'm going to step into the bedroom for a moment. I'll be right back.""Ok." I nervously replied.She went into the bedroom and, after a couple of minutes, she came out carrying a huge birthday cake... followed by my wife, kids, and dozens of my friends and colleagues, all singing "Happy birthday".And I just sat there...On the couch...Naked.(From Brother in law mk.2)

5 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

wow! Happy Birthday, Radin! :) That's a nice ending!

September 10, 2005 11:27 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Happy birthday. You had me until the very end!

September 11, 2005 3:35 AM  
Blogger dissok said...

I've seen that joke before, but I still fell for it. Love it!

Was it really your birthday last week? If so, I hope you had a good one.

September 11, 2005 5:55 AM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Radin,

Wishing you a belated birthday. I chuckled reading the post, esp the end! Hope you are feeling well.

~Deb

September 12, 2005 7:13 PM  
Blogger jane said...

happiest of birthdays to you radin! us virgo's gotta stick together! :)

September 14, 2005 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home