Vicissitude: Bipolar Disorder and its ups and downs

This is a diary of present and the past by a man who being Bipolar is just part of his life Each post is in two parts first is everyday diary and second is a kind of continuous diary of my past

Name:

Being Bipolar is just part of my life.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Materialization

Right out of the blue came the offer. Talking about moving to another country in my last post and now they asked me to manage a company in Shanghai, China after I gave them my ideas of working on our own brand. I am doing some research into living there and the offer. I am considering it and have not reached any decisions. I have time to think since I will have to do the work all from the start. Establishing the company there, renting the office and recruiting. It is a project on its own. I have been to China on business trips but living there is something quite different. I know I can do the job well. I have to be away from my family for sometimes though. China has been through so many changes in recent years. You do not see all that unified clothing codes any more and the atmosphere of the red China. You still feel the contrast between the new and the old the poor and the rich. I wasn't there long enough to know how the people are but from what I gather they are nice and friendly. From the business point of view they are special. You have Taiwanese who have made big investments there and other foreign people. Doing business with them is hard. They have to monitored all the time and be watched over all through each transaction from the start to the end or else you end up with something quite different to what you had ordered in the first place.
I went through the blogs I usually visit and also saw some blogs randomly and came across so many interesting things. Life just pumps and beats all around and all the time.
I bought a couple of birds for my daughter on Friday. They are very nice and they are getting used to their new home. She has named them To To and Ti Ti.
It is getting colder and colder and I must do some shopping for winter to come.
Life is a wonderful and awful mixture of everything between nothing and nothing.
Well it just sort of came by itself. I guess I have to read it several times myself to see what this sentence was all about! time to go to bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Wow, what a big change that would be. Change can be good and sometimes not. I guess this decision is going to be a long thought out one. Congrats!

~Deb

October 17, 2005 6:19 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

wow, congrats on the offer. It will be a big change, shifting over there.... but out of change, good things can come your way too...

Best of luck in the decision making process.

October 17, 2005 4:49 PM  
Blogger jane said...

Isn't it interesting how things happen? A thought is planted & it grows from there. I hope you will write about the decision making process. As always, I wish you the best.

October 20, 2005 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home